misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers

5 posters

misc :: Misc

Go down

We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers Empty We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers

Post by Chasbrah Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:24 pm

Good work to LargePeter and Smaht for setting this up.

We need to somehow get some serach engine optimisation (SEO) and other tags relating to old bb.com misc on here so that miscreformed shows up for anyone searching for it. I've been looking at the other links posted by Kiop in the last ever thread. So far Firesofheaven seems to be most active but it's definitely not the misc.

My shitty effort:
Where did bodybuilding.com misc forum go?
forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
bb.com/misc
bodybuilding.com/misc
bodybuilding.com miscellaneous forum
Miscers

Other suggestions on how to get traffic here welcome
Chasbrah
Chasbrah

REPS : 104

Back to top Go down

We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers Empty Re: We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers

Post by LargePeter Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:28 pm

I can't take any credit, it's all wickedsmaht - he was looking for mods and I just put my hand up for shits and giggles, and here we are. It's all wickedsmaht.

Happy to help try and keep things as tidy as possible though

President Donald J Trump Crew
Misc Lifters Crew
Steroids Crew
Neg Replies In GMiscer Threads Crew
Piss In Sink Crew
Waffle Stomp Crew
Robert Pickton Dead Hooker Disposal Crew
Mustang Crew
LargePeter
LargePeter

REPS : 1000601

Wasp9166 likes this post

Back to top Go down

We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers Empty Re: We need some SEO and tags to drive traffic and find lost miscers

Post by wickedsmaht Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:33 pm

thinking about making all missing misc usernames meta tags

appreciate your help largepeter
wickedsmaht
wickedsmaht

REPS : 1001054

Wasp9166 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chasbrah Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:43 pm

Good idea Wickedsmaht on the usernames as meta tags. I wonder if there'd be a way to get access to the bb.com user db to get those usernames?

As an aside, I got curious around forummotion last night and had a good look about the dev/admin side of things and it's a pretty decent platform with flexibility to play about with CSS to make things look sweet.

Would be happy to help with such things if you needed
Chasbrah
Chasbrah

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzo72 Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:52 pm

How about we create a thread here "Misc bodybuilding forum" for that purpose? We already have misc name in the forum name here which should help with Google search, r-rrright??
Gonzo72
Gonzo72

REPS : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePump0561 Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:06 pm

you want to get links on other popular sites that point here.  it helps the crawlers find this place if sites that are already frequently crawled point here.  

obviously it's in bad taste to spam other sites, I'm not saying to do that.

you could set up a sidebar or something on the main page with a list of links to "friend" sites.  reach out to other fitness sites, and offer to link to their site if they'll link here in return.  all that cross traffic between fitness sites will get you better search results on those topics.

edit: this link explains in more detail, especially that it's about quality of links over quantity, which is why spamming your link unsolicited is a bad idea:

https://mailchimp.com/resources/how-inbound-links-help-local-seo/
ThePump0561
ThePump0561

REPS : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chasbrah Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:52 pm

ThePump0561 wrote:you want to get links on other popular sites that point here.  it helps the crawlers find this place if sites that are already frequently crawled point here.  

obviously it's in bad taste to spam other sites, I'm not saying to do that.

you could set up a sidebar or something on the main page with a list of links to "friend" sites.  reach out to other fitness sites, and offer to link to their site if they'll link here in return.  all that cross traffic between fitness sites will get you better search results on those topics.

edit: this link explains in more detail, especially that it's about quality of links over quantity, which is why spamming your link unsolicited is a bad idea:

https://mailchimp.com/resources/how-inbound-links-help-local-seo/

Solid advice there bro; pairing with other sites is one option. I wonder how hard that would be to facilitate. I guess the miscreformed.forumotin.com link posted to the other forums/reddit listed in Kiop's post probably won't do much for search listing. Unfortunately it looks like a lot of unrelated results come up for the google search term "misc forum"
Chasbrah
Chasbrah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down