misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migration plan

2 posters

Go down

Migration plan Empty Migration plan

Post by jreacher Yesterday at 6:43 pm

Is anything in the works yet for switching to a paid domain running better forum software?

Maybe we can get a sticky for discussing this. I know one member here already bought a domain that might be usable, and several others offered to help out.

My concern is that free hosting is going to be fragile to maintain (i.e. the forum accidentally breaks a rule and forum motion deletes it, trolls reporting the forum, etc.)
jreacher
jreacher

REPS : 246

Back to top Go down

Migration plan Empty Re: Migration plan

Post by Protochad Yesterday at 11:24 pm

I've made a post in another thread mentioning my proposal to collaborate with the admin here using my existing alt-misc site. I'd be willing to fully integrate this place into my existing forum at zero cost. It also uses phpbb forum software but because of how customized it is I am unsure about how well things like account migration might work so unfortunately the process may require new registrations. Creating a misc clone just like this within the existing site however is trivial and could be done in a matter of hours.

Also, the domain name and branding for my site is not explicitly misc related but we could use misc domains to redirect and display in the browser window to appear as "___misc" or whatever name to keep it on theme.
Protochad
Protochad

REPS : 25

Back to top Go down