misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired of wageslaving (srs)

+7
WOWMAC
MikeLowrrrey
Big bllrrrd
godfrd
GuineaDago585
DrugsToGetBig
dingleberry
11 posters

misc :: Misc

Go down

Tired of wageslaving (srs) Empty Tired of wageslaving (srs)

Post by dingleberry Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:58 pm

How do people do this for 30, 40 years? The commute, the shit coworkers, working everyday on a product that you have no interest in.

It's soul draining (srs). I'm beginning to finally understand why people drink or do drugs to cope Crying or Very sad

I just wanna make enough money to retire early and escape the rat race

Last edited by dingleberry on Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dingleberry
dingleberry

REPS : 163

Drop40lbs, GuineaDago585 and MikeLowrrrey like this post

Back to top Go down

Tired of wageslaving (srs) Empty Re: Tired of wageslaving (srs)

Post by DrugsToGetBig Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:58 pm

it over Crying or Very sad
DrugsToGetBig
DrugsToGetBig

REPS : 977

Kiop and dingleberry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dingleberry's friend Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:03 pm

go in there and dingle your fkn berries brother!
Anonymous
dingleberry's friend

Back to top Go down

Post by dingleberry Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:05 pm

dingleberry's friend wrote:go in there and dingle your fkn berries brother!

Wtf is that you pyrogenbrah???
dingleberry
dingleberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaDago585 Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:05 pm

Barring major tragedies such as death or disease, wage slaving is the absolute worst part of life (ded fkin srs) and it’s not even close. 

If I had a Time Machine I’d jump to 65 just to get this shit over with. I want to retire and take my life back.
GuineaDago585
GuineaDago585

REPS : 1556

dingleberry and MikeLowrrrey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dingleberry Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:08 pm

GuineaDago585 wrote:Barring major tragedies such as death or disease, wage slaving is the absolute worst part of life (ded fkin srs) and it’s not even close. 

If I had a Time Machine I’d jump to 65 just to get this shit over with. I want to retire and take my life back.

I couldn't imagine not having good health and wageslaving (srs)

Thanks for putting it that way I suppose. Goota count my blessings
dingleberry
dingleberry

Back to top Go down

Post by dingleberry's friend Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:25 pm

Yes m8, it's me!

one day i will stop lurking and make a proper account lmao

i'm just going through the motions at this stage, feels empty mane

if you find yourself in a rut at the office, just remember pyrogen is rooting for you brother
Anonymous
dingleberry's friend

Back to top Go down

Post by godfrd Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:51 pm

I want to empathize with y'all, but I can't. Instead of complaining, I made the necessary changes to get to where I want to be. Complaining has never solved any issue, not once.
godfrd
godfrd

REPS : 362

MikeLowrrrey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Big bllrrrd Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:03 pm

quit n be ya own boss. shit take way more work esp at da start but at least dis lyfestyle let ya breathe and get ya nuts back.

is what it is

aint nobody retiring early no more on they own without no handouts unless u move 2 a gook shithole n hope ur shit last u 30 years

if ur goal 2 retire n rot then u gotta chase dat loot. cant do that on a salary or a hourly job wit fixed schedule. shits a waste of errybody fuckin time finna sit there n get paid peanuts 2 not work half tha time while ya life slip away.

only way beside scammin iz to make sure u get paid what ya worth 4 ya work and work ya ass off all da time til u got it made, only way 2 do that is 2 work for yaself nigga
Big bllrrrd
Big bllrrrd

REPS : 559

dingleberry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeLowrrrey Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:47 pm

godfrd wrote:I want to empathize with y'all, but I can't. Instead of complaining, I made the necessary changes to get to where I want to be. Complaining has never solved any issue, not once.

You're right on target man.

I hate this wageslaving shit. Monday - Friday it's the same damn thing with no end in sight. 8 whole hours of staring at a screen.

But you're right, it's up to me if I can to leave this life. I just can't figure out how to break away. I have SOME sort of plan, but nothing long term.

-Self employment
-Work from home
-Get a $200k sales job amd save every penny
MikeLowrrrey
MikeLowrrrey

REPS : 322

dingleberry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by godfrd Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:32 pm

MikeLowrrrey wrote:
godfrd wrote:I want to empathize with y'all, but I can't. Instead of complaining, I made the necessary changes to get to where I want to be. Complaining has never solved any issue, not once.

I hate this wageslaving shit. Monday - Friday it's the same damn thing with no end in sight. 8 whole hours of staring at a screen.

But you're right, it's up to me if I can to leave this life. I just can't figure out how to break away. I have SOME sort of plan, but nothing long term.

-Self employment
-Work from home

Buy a duplex or triplex with a basement. Make a small apartment in the basement, rent the rest of the house, live in the basement. Save for 2 years, buy another duplex, rent it, rinse and repeat. Do that 5 times and you can retire on a passive $60k or so a year.

Last edited by godfrd on Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
godfrd
godfrd

MikeLowrrrey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeLowrrrey Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:33 pm

GuineaDago585 wrote:Barring major tragedies such as death or disease, wage slaving is the absolute worst part of life (ded fkin srs) and it’s not even close. 

Nah, I want to stay young for as long as possible. Just gotta figure out how to leave the repetitive grind
MikeLowrrrey
MikeLowrrrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeLowrrrey Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:34 pm

godfrd wrote:
MikeLowrrrey wrote:

-Self employment
-Work from home

Buy a duplex or triplex with a basement. Make a small apartment in the basement, rent the rest of the house, live in the basement. Save for 2 years, buy another duplex, rent it, rinse and repeat. Do that 5 times and you can retire on a passive $60k or so a year.

Is that what you did?

Landlordmaxxing was one of my ideas though. I'd probably work part time, $60k/yr would be tough.

My short term goal is getting a better paying job and hitting $75k salary and paying off all debt. Within 5 years 90k salary and saving every penny
MikeLowrrrey
MikeLowrrrey

Back to top Go down

Post by godfrd Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:49 pm

MikeLowrrrey wrote:
godfrd wrote:
MikeLowrrrey wrote:

-Self employment
-Work from home

Is that what you did?

Landlordmaxxing was one of my ideas though. I'd probably work part time, $60k/yr would be tough.

My short term goal is getting a better paying job and hitting $75k salary and paying off all debt. Within 5 years 90k salary and saving every penny

I have residential properties, a commercial property, and a day job. Had a restaurant, but finding employees and dealing with turn over was annoying. Also got a food truck, probably gonna sell it though. Also got a high paying day job that's extremely flexible, set my own hours, etc. My next goal is to become a partner at my company so when they sell out I get a cut. After that I'll retire and just do nothing all day.

godfrd
godfrd

dingleberry and MikeLowrrrey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WOWMAC Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:24 pm

i hope you work at McDonalds

REPS : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Visel Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:28 pm

IMO the answer is to just find a safe middle ground between "quiet quitting" and "meeting expectations," as well as to remind yourself to look on the bright side of life (appreciate your fortune for being a 1st worlder in the 21st century for example). If you're actually good at your job, you know when you need to put in the effort (meeting expectations) and get it done fairly swiftly, and when you can day dream or phark around (quiet quit).

I've figured out years ago that no conventional job would ever really guide my life, cause endless dopamine, or provide a sense of purpose / identity. And that I'd always prefer to just indulge in video games/movies/technology, hang with friends/GF/family, play with pets, etc. Basically that my "life" is non-working hours, and my job is my required duty.

So you've gotta either find the most tolerable, decent paying, and convenient conventional job possible... or otherwise find yourself an unconventional job that gives you the guidance/dopamine/purpose/identity (could be anything but random examples in my mind are being a priest or some religious figure, video game streamer or content creator, etc.).

Also do these:

- WFH
- Stay hourly instead of salary (unless a salaried position pays sufficiently more and doesn't come with too many extra problems)
- Take advantage of your vacation/sick days with things to look forward to (including perhaps the occasional staycation)
- Limit your emotional threshold towards work - remember that a job's a job whatever is going on, you can get fired/quit and find another eventually
- Work seasonally, or potentially a schedule like 4x10 since 3 days off per week is amazing like a mini vacation
Visel
Visel

thaifoon90 and MikeLowrrrey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeLowrrrey Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:11 am

Visel wrote:IMO the answer is to just find a safe middle ground between "quiet quitting" and "meeting expectations," as well as to remind yourself to look on the bright side of life (appreciate your fortune for being a 1st worlder in the 21st century for example). If you're actually good at your job, you know when you need to put in the effort (meeting expectations) and get it done fairly swiftly, and when you can day dream or phark around (quiet quit).

I've figured out years ago that no conventional job would ever really guide my life, cause endless dopamine, or provide a sense of purpose / identity. And that I'd always prefer to just indulge in video games/movies/technology, hang with friends/GF/family, play with pets, etc. Basically that my "life" is non-working hours, and my job is my required duty.

So you've gotta either find the most tolerable, decent paying, and convenient conventional job possible... or otherwise find yourself an unconventional job that gives you the guidance/dopamine/purpose/identity (could be anything but random examples in my mind are being a priest or some religious figure, video game streamer or content creator, etc.).

Also do these:

- WFH
- Stay hourly instead of salary (unless a salaried position pays sufficiently more and doesn't come with too many extra problems)
- Take advantage of your vacation/sick days with things to look forward to (including perhaps the occasional staycation)
- Limit your emotional threshold towards work - remember that a job's a job whatever is going on, you can get fired/quit and find another eventually
- Work seasonally, or potentially a schedule like 4x10 since 3 days off per week is amazing like a mini vacation

I'd add in avoiding debt in your post. Debt makes wageslaving 10 times worse.
MikeLowrrrey
MikeLowrrrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:36 am

I am thinking about getting into construction. Srs. Maybe homebuilding is in my future

REPS : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by jasonw1178 Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:39 am

I don't believe in "chase your dreams" crap, but I do believe you need to have a job where it can be more than just what you do to make a living, but also be something that you take pride in, something that is apart of who you are. If you can do that, and live comfortably, make ends meet, ect, you've got it good.
jasonw1178
jasonw1178

REPS : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasp9166 Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:46 am

Nothing in life is without sacrifice

This generation wants to earn nothing

Think they deserve it just for breathing

Wasp9166
Wasp9166

REPS : 2849

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down