misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks?

+4
Wasp9166
Omnivium
wickedsmaht
zere0wn
8 posters

misc :: Misc

Go down

Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks? Empty Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks?

Post by zere0wn Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:18 am

I hear that turbo engine sucks

zere0wn
zere0wn

REPS : 110

Back to top Go down

Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks? Empty Re: Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks?

Post by wickedsmaht Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:52 am

idk about the new ones but my neighbor bought 2 older ones like in the 2010s. says theyll last forever

the same color too. he loves those things
wickedsmaht
wickedsmaht

REPS : 1001054

Back to top Go down

Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks? Empty Re: Are Toyota Tacomas good pickup trucks?

Post by Omnivium Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:29 am

2023 and before should be good. But I would avoid 2024 and after because of the little 4 cylinder turbo engines and there's even been some reports of transmissions failing

Alternatively you could get a Nissan Frontier. It's the only mid size truck that still has a naturally aspirated v6
Omnivium
Omnivium

REPS : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by bubby Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:59 am

ask wickedsmaht i bet he knows duum
Anonymous
bubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasp9166 Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:14 am

Never buy a turbo

Never ,ever buy a small motor turbo
Wasp9166
Wasp9166

REPS : 1253

Back to top Go down

Post by exsparky Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:22 pm

They are supposed to last 4.1 times longer than the average vehicle.

37% last more than 100k miles.

Good resale = lower cost per mile.

My FJ is at 140k and all I have done is shocks and ball joints for what its worth after 10 years.
exsparky
exsparky

REPS : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by HGHgutpump Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:42 pm

Omnivium wrote:2023 and before should be good. But I would avoid 2024 and after because of the little 4 cylinder turbo engines and there's even been some reports of transmissions failing

Alternatively you could get a Nissan Frontier. It's the only mid size truck that still has a naturally aspirated v6

Frontier crew checkin in. Mfers be sleeping on Nissan
HGHgutpump
HGHgutpump

REPS : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Omnivium wrote:2023 and before should be good. But I would avoid 2024 and after because of the little 4 cylinder turbo engines and there's even been some reports of transmissions failing

i went and looked at the frontiers but they're so small

i may just get a full size. tundras are a lot of $ though and have the turbo again
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:19 pm

Wasp9166 wrote:Never buy a turbo

Never ,ever buy a small motor turbo

people keep saying this - what makes them bad?

and why did Toyota risk their reliability reputation on turbo? people say emissions but the frontier has a regular v6 and still sells.
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnivium Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:31 pm

zere0wn wrote:

i may just get a full size. tundras are a lot of $ though and have the turbo again

Looks like you can still get the 5.0L V8 in the F150
Omnivium
Omnivium

REPS : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:16 am

Omnivium wrote:
zere0wn wrote:

Looks like you can still get the 5.0L V8 in the F150

i just don't trust Ford reliability

looks like you can get a Nissan Titan in a V8 too, for cheaper than a Toyota Tacoma. may go look at those.
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackad Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:13 pm

depends how much you pay for them. or, ignoring cost, what you prioritize.

the 2023's and below are virtually unkillable, and it's been proven. Best years would be 09-2015, they have the least issues and move proven longevity.

They're a decent jack of all trades truck. Can tow a little bit, capable enough offroad, decent on road manners. MPG, power, handling, all leave something to be desired.

Depending how much you pay for it and what you need it for, it could be a great buy or terrible buy. But if you're going for reliability you'd be hard pressed to beat it.
Zackad
Zackad

REPS : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackad Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:14 pm

the turbo isn't bad, just new. so it isn't proven, and will probably require a couple years to work out the kinks.

Frontiers aren't bad, they just got a mid-gen refresh. Titans are garbage and it seems every single Titan owner has done their damned best to ruin those trucks.
Zackad
Zackad

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:11 pm

Zackad wrote:the turbo isn't bad, just new. so it isn't proven, and will probably require a couple years to work out the kinks.

Frontiers aren't bad, they just got a mid-gen refresh. Titans are garbage and it seems every single Titan owner has done their damned best to ruin those trucks.

I hear the Nissan trucks have good reliability

I'd likely buy new, though its not an option on the toyotas if I don't want turbo. they don't make a non turbo truck now.
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackad Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:38 pm

zere0wn wrote:
Zackad wrote:the turbo isn't bad, just new. so it isn't proven, and will probably require a couple years to work out the kinks.

I'd likely buy new, though its not an option on the toyotas if I don't want turbo. they don't make a non turbo truck now.

the frontiers are definitely not bad. Titan unmolested seems reliable, but it's pretty rare you find an untouched one. They're discontinued anyways though, and even worse on gas than an old Tundra.

If you're gonna buy new, i'd go for frontier. otherwise, go for Tacoma. assuming you want to stick with those two.
Zackad
Zackad

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:23 pm

Zackad wrote:
zere0wn wrote:

the frontiers are definitely not bad. Titan unmolested seems reliable, but it's pretty rare you find an untouched one. They're discontinued anyways though, and even worse on gas than an old Tundra.

If you're gonna buy new, i'd go for frontier. otherwise, go for Tacoma. assuming you want to stick with those two.

nah I'm open to pretty much anything. there's still some new titans out there and they're priced around the same as an f150. not too concerned about gas as I wont DD it, fun use only (camping, fishing, drive on beach).

I'm open to anything though. just starting my research. just seems like those turbos would be a bad call.
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackad Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:34 pm

zere0wn wrote:
Zackad wrote:
zere0wn wrote:

nah I'm open to pretty much anything. there's still some new titans out there and they're priced around the same as an f150. not too concerned about gas as I wont DD it, fun use only (camping, fishing, drive on beach).

I'm open to anything though. just starting my research. just seems like those turbos would be a bad call.

yeah i'd stay away from the turbo tacomas. they might be good, they're just too new to know at this time. tbh I didn't even realize they've still been making the titan I haven't seen one since the 2016 redesign or any of the 2020 refreshed ones.

the Ram 1500s are nice and powerful, idk how the pricing compares nowadays since the tacoma is fetching a premium but I would imagine pretty comparable.
Zackad
Zackad

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:12 pm

Zackad wrote:
zere0wn wrote:
Zackad wrote:
zere0wn wrote:

yeah i'd stay away from the turbo tacomas. they might be good, they're just too new to know at this time. tbh I didn't even realize they've still been making the titan I haven't seen one since the 2016 redesign or any of the 2020 refreshed ones.

the Ram 1500s are nice and powerful, idk how the pricing compares nowadays since the tacoma is fetching a premium but I would imagine pretty comparable.

that's the thing - you can get a full size from most of the other car manufacturers for the price of a Tacoma.
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by LargePeter Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:43 am

Mustang Crew checking in

I have no clue

President Donald J Trump Crew
Misc Lifters Crew
Steroids Crew
Neg Replies In GMiscer Threads Crew
Piss In Sink Crew
Waffle Stomp Crew
Robert Pickton Dead Hooker Disposal Crew
Mustang Crew
LargePeter
LargePeter

REPS : 1000621

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:01 am

LargePeter wrote:Mustang Crew checking in

I have no clue

how many times you been Found On Road Dead
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by LargePeter Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:22 am

zere0wn wrote:

I have no clue

I dunno man, I can fuckin drive

Misc Lifters Crew
Steroids Crew
Piss In Sink Crew
Waffle Stomp Crew
Mustang Crew
LargePeter
LargePeter

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:28 am

LargePeter wrote:
zere0wn wrote:

I have no clue

but can your car run
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by LargePeter Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:47 am

zere0wn wrote:
LargePeter wrote:
zere0wn wrote:

I have no clue

but can your car run

Nah, it sprints

Misc Lifters Crew
Steroids Crew
Piss In Sink Crew
Waffle Stomp Crew
Mustang Crew
LargePeter
LargePeter

Back to top Go down

Post by zere0wn Yesterday at 12:16 am

doubt it
zere0wn
zere0wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

misc :: Misc

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum