misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even if bb brings the forums back...

+16
coast2coastam
Wasp9166
ClivesTricep
CrimsonSteel
OneLegSquats
GuineaDago585
ruaware
IAMBEE
Fithorst
chalup
TryingMen
GaryRidgway
Goobrah
Lefticle
pushfatkids
cuminmebro
20 posters

misc :: Misc

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Even if bb brings the forums back... - Page 2 Empty Re: Even if bb brings the forums back...

Post by Insidemane Yesterday at 5:15 pm

coast2coastam wrote:
Insidemane wrote:
Wasp9166 wrote:After what they just did

Saying you'd go back is the most beta sh

But I'm not surprised
Strong this

Tossed y’all suckers to the curb like a used rubber and y’all still wanna be loyal to them? Mark ass bitches

I always hated the mods for perming me, but my beef was solely with the mods and I always made that clear

But now that the developers/owners pulled that BS with so much as a closing date, that place is dead to me
A large company is never your friend, that's the corporate world. The same way some big company will fire someone who's been a handworker and loyal for decades a year or two before retirement, the same way bb.com doesn't give a single fuk about us. It's all about money. That forum wasn't run as a hobby by someone who actually cares about bodybuilding, it was corporate. Maybe it was somewhat true when Ryan DeLuca owned it, but those days are long gone.

The covid scam exasperated this because the government dumped so much printed emoney into private equity and they bought up everything they could, and now they're running companies into the ground trying to squeeze every penny they can out of what they bought. They bought up companies, real estate, even youtube channels.

You right bruh. Though I think alot of people forget how monumental the misc was in its prime, to shut that shit down and leave some corny pic is mindblowing to me .

Its like removing all of michael jacksons music from every music store/streaming service etc and leaving a pic sayin 'dont worry - we got new music for you over here' - Like bruh

REPS : 303

Back to top Go down

Even if bb brings the forums back... - Page 2 Empty Re: Even if bb brings the forums back...

Post by cuminmebro Yesterday at 5:23 pm

Insidemane wrote:
coast2coastam wrote:
Insidemane wrote:

But I'm not surprised
Strong this

Tossed y’all suckers to the curb like a used rubber and y’all still wanna be loyal to them? Mark ass bitches

I always hated the mods for perming me, but my beef was solely with the mods and I always made that clear

But now that the developers/owners pulled that BS with so much as a closing date, that place is dead to me
A large company is never your friend, that's the corporate world. The same way some big company will fire someone who's been a handworker and loyal for decades a year or two before retirement, the same way bb.com doesn't give a single fuk about us. It's all about money. That forum wasn't run as a hobby by someone who actually cares about bodybuilding, it was corporate. Maybe it was somewhat true when Ryan DeLuca owned it, but those days are long gone.

The covid scam exasperated this because the government dumped so much printed emoney into private equity and they bought up everything they could, and now they're running companies into the ground trying to squeeze every penny they can out of what they bought. They bought up companies, real estate, even youtube channels.

You right bruh. Though I think alot of people forget how monumental the misc was in its prime, to shut that shit down and leave some corny pic is mindblowing to me .

Its like removing all of michael jacksons music from every music store/streaming service etc and leaving a pic sayin 'dont worry - we got new music for you over here' - Like bruh

They probably viewed it as a liability for the company ultimately. While we look at it as an amazing collection of misc'ing over the last 20 years, they look at it as 20 years of misogyny, racism and trolling.
cuminmebro
cuminmebro

REPS : 418

Insidemane likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidemane Yesterday at 5:39 pm

cuminmebro wrote:
Insidemane wrote:
coast2coastam wrote:
Insidemane wrote:

But I'm not surprised
Strong this

They probably viewed it as a liability for the company ultimately. While we look at it as an amazing collection of misc'ing over the last 20 years, they look at it as 20 years of misogyny, racism and trolling.
There was a time around a year ago were there were 1000 of bot accounts posting links to actual child p0rn. As well as numbers/links to fake passports, fake money, drugs etc. That probably played a part too.

Least we always got the memories

REPS : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTimeOperator Yesterday at 5:45 pm

You got my vote.

In another thread the Admin here said he would spring for vBulletin 6 if enough people joined and showed intrest. We all would chip in.

themisc dot org is an availible domain name.
BigTimeOperator
BigTimeOperator

REPS : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTimeOperator Yesterday at 5:46 pm

We would definately need more moderators who's sole purpose is to ban the spam bots and delete those spam threads.
BigTimeOperator
BigTimeOperator

REPS : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Yesterday at 5:57 pm

ruaware wrote:Whenever I needed advice or recommendations on anything in life, I'd always first check on the misc. I'd google "(whatever question I had) misc bodybuilding". Usually, would always find my answer on a 10-year-old thread. That's what I miss about the forums, endless information that could literally answer all of your questions straight to the point with no fluff and no searching around on google

This! Plus so many epic threads and lols of the past and copy pastas gone now. Hold me brahs

REPS : 42

BigTimeOperator likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TryingMen Yesterday at 6:39 pm

ruaware wrote:Whenever I needed advice or recommendations on anything in life, I'd always first check on the misc. I'd google "(whatever question I had) misc bodybuilding". Usually, would always find my answer on a 10-year-old thread. That's what I miss about the forums, endless information that could literally answer all of your questions straight to the point with no fluff and no searching around on google

Agreed, there was so much good advice on there. Sucks that it's all gone
TryingMen
TryingMen

REPS : 253

BigTimeOperator likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cuminmebro Yesterday at 6:52 pm

Travis wrote:

This! Plus so many epic threads and lols of the past and copy pastas gone now. Hold me brahs

While it sucks we lost all the historical misc advice, im sure collectively we can piece it together for the future.
cuminmebro
cuminmebro

REPS : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2