misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)

+10
John Vee 73
OneLegSquats
RainingBlood
AWillis
Percentsign
chrsschb
Scrilla
GaryRidgway
Freeburn
GuineaDago585
14 posters

misc :: Misc

Go down

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  Empty Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)

Post by GuineaDago585 Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 17:43

I sent these cocksuckers a message on Twitter yesterday telling them they need to bring the forums back. I did not curse at them or use threatening language, just a mild complaint. Well I logged back on today and got this: 

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  L5icFWh

I also left a 1 star Google review that suspiciously was deleted. Again, no cursing, just facts about them pulling the plug without notice. 

It’s clear these motherfuckers are going NC and giving us a big “fuck you” on the way out. GooBaa also said he was blocked. There are others on Twitter claiming BB.con blocked them. What a way to treat a community that has been loyal to your brand for decades… 

Fucking scumbags.
GuineaDago585
GuineaDago585

REPS : 604

Babayagawick85 and Kiop like this post

Back to top Go down

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  Empty Re: Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)

Post by Goobrah Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 17:46

I’m gonna order something and return it back with my poop in the box
Goobrah
Goobrah

REPS : 373

Babayagawick85, BigTimeOperator, thefog, fuzzy and GuineaDago585 like this post

Back to top Go down

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  Empty Re: Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)

Post by Freeburn Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 17:51

I mean I get that we are all butthurt by the (kinda) sudden closing...

But really we were on borrowed time for years. Anyone with half of a brain would have taken one look at the content being posted and shut the forums down. Horrible horrible horrible for any real business. The misc was full of racism, other sections were just spam botted into oblivion.

Theres really no scenario from a business standpoint, that keeping bulletin forums made any sense. To the people buying bb.com, this was part of the problem with the company model. Why are they using chitty vbb forums when there's a million better/faster/more popular ways for community interaction? Completely outdated, to them it's part of the reason for failure, not part of the reason bb.com still existed.

No one trying to actually make money from online sales is going to waste money or resources keeping vbb forums up and moderated. Which if you've been on the forum in the last 5 years, needs insanely heavy moderation jus to keep up with bots and spam, let alone actually moderate user content.

We got lucky that the first buyout was by a dude who really had no plans in fixing bb.com so the forums just stayed up and everything kept on as we knew it. There's no way that was ever going to happen again if anyone competent bought bb.com.
Freeburn
Freeburn

REPS : 108

Scrilla and TexasPride like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryRidgway Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 17:51

Goobrah wrote:I’m gonna order something and return it back with my poop in the box  

lol fantastic idea
GaryRidgway
GaryRidgway

REPS : 801

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrilla Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 17:58

Freeburn wrote:I mean I get that we are all butthurt by the (kinda) sudden closing...

But really we were on borrowed time for years. Anyone with half of a brain would have taken one look at the content being posted and shut the forums down. Horrible horrible horrible for any real business. The misc was full of racism, other sections were just spam botted into oblivion.

Theres really no scenario from a business standpoint, that keeping bulletin forums made any sense. To the people buying bb.com, this was part of the problem with the company model. Why are they using chitty vbb forums when there's a million better/faster/more popular ways for community interaction?  Completely outdated, to them it's part of the reason for failure, not part of the reason bb.com still existed.

No one trying to actually make money from online sales is going to waste money or resources keeping vbb forums up and moderated. Which if you've been on the forum in the last 5 years, needs insanely heavy moderation jus to keep up with bots and spam, let alone actually moderate user content.

We got lucky that the first buyout was by a dude who really had no plans in fixing bb.com so the forums just stayed up and everything kept on as we knew it. There's no way that was ever going to happen again if anyone competent bought bb.com.

The forum used be a goldmine for site traffic. Once threads stopped appearing in Google results I knew the tour was gonna be over. It's a miracle it lasted as long as it did. Not to mention the forum was integrated with Bodyspace so updating anything on the forum would be a nightmare it terms of coding. Last real forum update was in 2014 I believe
Scrilla
Scrilla

REPS : 248

chrsschb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chrsschb Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 18:04

Scrilla wrote:Not to mention the forum was integrated with Bodyspace so updating anything on the forum would be a nightmare it terms of coding. Last real forum update was in 2014 I believe

This was the beginning of the end. Everything went to shit after that.

REPS : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Percentsign Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 18:04

I had no idea they still use that twitter: the last tweet was months ago
Percentsign
Percentsign

REPS : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by AWillis Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 18:10

on a nerd PC forum i used to frequent back in the day, they still have a fairly busy forum and that forum is what drives traffic to the site, and the nerds buy their PC components there. they even set up a private marketplace where you could sell your old tech/phones etc. and a trust system, but needed 1k posts be able to see it.

if they killed the forum i'd think their whole site would die. the owner ended up selling the business for £20mln to a german company before he died on his boat via heart attack. but the forum is still going strong

REPS : 348

Back to top Go down

Post by RainingBlood Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 18:21

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  Image11
RainingBlood
RainingBlood

REPS : 42

coast2coastam, GaryRidgway, Goobrah, Headturner, CrimsonSteel, fuzzy, GuineaDago585 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OneLegSquats Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 19:04

The company is dead. Not heard a single person utter the words 'bodybuilding dot com' in over 10 years. I'm surprised it lasted this long tbh. NeW eRa is just cope. There's way too much competition these days. All they have is a good URL

OneLegSquats
OneLegSquats

REPS : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by John Vee 73 Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 19:51

Goobrah wrote:I’m gonna order something and return it back with my poop in the box  
I think you can be charged for that, just so you know boyo.

Repped on sight: Getterdone, GaryRidgway, BalognaNbeans, Blueberryboy, SirFapsAIot, explosiveMidget (in memory of the misc)
I have a list of users I hate or don't respect.

JohnVee megathread: https://miscreformed.forumotion.com/t98-john-vee-megathread#770
Trustpilot review of bodybuilding.com: https://ca.trustpilot.com/reviews/66ec734388c8221fa0f41a0c
Deadlift 405 for 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GFsy7Kpyo
John Vee 73
John Vee 73

REPS : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Goobrah Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 19:55

John Vee 73 wrote:
I think you can be charged for that, just so you know boyo.

Idc
Goobrah
Goobrah

REPS : 373

GuineaDago585 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by coast2coastam Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 20:01

OneLegSquats wrote:The company is dead. Not heard a single person utter the words 'bodybuilding dot com' in over 10 years. I'm surprised it lasted this long tbh. NeW eRa is just cope. There's way too much competition these days. All they have is a good URL
They have millions of followers on social media, unless that's faked somehow. I've seen people irl wear the white bb.com shirts they send out with some of their order.

That said, I've been there since 2007 and I've never ordered a single thing from them.

REPS : 481

TexasPride likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiop Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 21:01

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  Zyzz-opinion-accepted

Bodybuilding.com is blocking anyone who complains about the misc going away (srs)  Opinion-rejected-rejected

REPS : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasPride Fri 20 Sep 2024 - 21:30

Freeburn wrote:I mean I get that we are all butthurt by the (kinda) sudden closing...

Theres really no scenario from a business standpoint, that keeping bulletin forums made any sense. To the people buying bb.com, this was part of the problem with the company model. Why are they using chitty vbb forums when there's a million better/faster/more popular ways for community interaction?  Completely outdated, to them it's part of the reason for failure, not part of the reason bb.com still existed.

What do you think they paid for BB.com?

REPS : 37

https://vimeo.com/texaspride

coast2coastam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cvbdd Yesterday at 0:12

send in some bomb threats cherry
Anonymous
cvbdd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down