misc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misc is officially gone

+96
LargePeter
RustledJimmies
Getter_done
Shhhhheeeeeeeeiiiitt
MMGA
Goobrah
chalup
Adz
NEETvestor
cuminmebro
lockdev
GuineaDago585
AWillis
Komytea
radrd
TwoTailedSperm
Fithorst
InPhase
JPG13
zere0wn
A-GAME
RainingBlood
Suave_2000
spreewerk45
floridaman
Mulloway
SlootsGonnaSloot
mandarin163
TheAdlerian
p7NK
PrehistoricUFO
godfrd
jamesg6626
chrsschb
pushfatkids
dukenukem
ShipyardPiram
BigTimeOperator
TryingMen
B.O.L.A.
JTMiscer
fuzzy
ClivesTricep
TomJones
havoc00
hendrixfreak70
IAMBEE
CrimsonSteel
GayBastardNiggaPoo69
OneLegSquats
Max_Wren
jasonw1178
Insidemane
MarioMiami305
PM me for new username
John Vee 73
WHChampion
Dontoewsmebro
coast2coastam
Headturner
brosapiens
gosu
Maestro
DrugsToGetBig
Gonzo72
superfunk
Legz422
Freeburn
smithmachineguy
Chasbrah
luigimiami631
wickedsmaht
Kiop
Offwhitebrah
Wasp9166
jreacher
Travis
Babayagawick85
Percentsign
MrSchons
ItsJohnLBoyo
DevilMayRage
SaltyDog92
Galois
Guyfawkes0101
Inventive69
proudmanlet
Islandboyo
Dan06LCM
Cellytech
HGHgutpump
BigNik78
GaryRidgway
N0rds
ByzantineReborn
Scrilla
100 posters

misc :: Misc

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Misc is officially gone - Page 9 Empty Re: Misc is officially gone

Post by Cellytech Yesterday at 9:34

proudmanlet wrote:
Galois wrote:Fuark boyos. I'm still in denial.

Cellytech wrote:
Scrilla wrote:There's the possibility they're starting a new forum from scratch, but I doubt it

Nah mang. If you look at the wording on that message they've put in place it suggests they want to move away from what once was. Forums are OLD. Its done.

Speaking of which. VBulletin licenses are about $20 a month or some chit. Why doesn't whoever is running this forum set up a vbulletin instead of this chit free forum? You'll pull enough ad rev every month to cover it.

Yes I would have pulled a couple of the guys together to set up a legitimate forum. MM has unfortunately said that he went with the fastest and laziest option because he's not very much interested in actually running a forum, and so this place is inevitably doomed.

we should be grateful for what MM did instead of bitching about it, if someone wants to set up a different forum now they can do it, but thanks to him at least we have a place to be right now

This wasn't me complaining boyo. Just a suggestion now that we can see misc is gone for good. Wouldn't have been a smart move until we knew what was going on, but now that its clean cut it would make sense to move across to vb if someone can be bothered to run it.
Cellytech
Cellytech

REPS : 41

proudmanlet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chalup Yesterday at 9:58

Insidemane wrote:good riddance to the mods for ruining that place, it was trash after they left nothing but incels, dorks and banned all the good users. A new start was needed

I feel some type of way about support@bodybuilding.com not only lying to me multiple times, but legit trolling me right before they completely took the forum away. Im tempted to go on a mass negging spree on any products I can and social media.
chalup
chalup

REPS : 179

GuineaDago585 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Komytea Yesterday at 10:23

rip in peace
Komytea
Komytea

REPS : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidemane Yesterday at 10:38

chalup wrote:
Insidemane wrote:good riddance to the mods for ruining that place, it was trash after they left nothing but incels, dorks and banned all the good users. A new start was needed

I feel some type of way about support@bodybuilding.com not only lying to me multiple times, but legit trolling me right before they completely took the forum away. Im tempted to go on a mass negging spree on any products I can and social media.
The first email response - they said they were moving away from the forums

The 2nd time some miscer messaged them like a week later, they made some cliche reply like they are working on it, and i told you fgts that just corporate talk for "fuk off"

And even now they have closed it, there are still dummies ITT talkin bout it might come back, lmao

just move on brah

Insidemane

REPS : 292

havoc00 and GuineaDago585 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Vee 73 Yesterday at 10:52

I did my part, I left a negative review of bodybuilding.com on trustpilot, you can see the review in my sig.

fuk bodybuilding.com.

Repped on sight: Getterdone, GaryRidgway, BalognaNbeans, Blueberryboy, SirFapsAIot, explosiveMidget (in memory of the misc)
I have a list of users I hate or don't respect.

JohnVee megathread: https://miscreformed.forumotion.com/t98-john-vee-megathread#770
Trustpilot review of bodybuilding.com: https://ca.trustpilot.com/reviews/66ec734388c8221fa0f41a0c
Deadlift 405 for 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GFsy7Kpyo
John Vee 73
John Vee 73

REPS : 253

Chasbrah and GuineaDago585 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chrsschb Yesterday at 13:03

Btw, through a combination of wayback machine and bodyspace profiles, you guys can find old users and send them messages or post on their activity feed. Not saying you'll get 100% response but I've found a few of my friends already with it.

They have a pretty aggressive spam filter going (which I assume is to catch us posting links) so be clever on how you post.

Misc is officially gone - Page 9 Image10

REPS : 106

GuineaDago585 and Kiop like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AWillis Yesterday at 13:18

2 hour cardio session tonight to pay respects to the misc

REPS : 337

GuineaDago585 and Kiop like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaDago585 Yesterday at 13:45

John Vee 73 wrote:I did my part, I left a negative review of bodybuilding.com on trustpilot, you can see the review in my sig.

fuk bodybuilding.com.

Thank you for your service srs. 

chrsschb wrote:Btw, through a combination of wayback machine and bodyspace profiles, you guys can find old users and send them messages or post on their activity feed. Not saying you'll get 100% response but I've found a few of my friends already with it.

They have a pretty aggressive spam filter going (which I assume is to catch us posting links) so be clever on how you post.

Misc is officially gone - Page 9 Image10
Good idea srs. Are PMs gone too? If so I guess we have to comment on user profiles.

Edit: Yeah I just tried logging in. Bodyspace works but if you go to messages it redirects to their phaggy landing page. No more PMs.
GuineaDago585
GuineaDago585

REPS : 598

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaDago585 Yesterday at 13:55

chalup wrote:

They deserve it srs. That chit was highly disrespectful.
GuineaDago585
GuineaDago585

REPS : 598

coast2coastam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lockdev Yesterday at 14:05

Cellytech wrote:
proudmanlet wrote:

Cellytech wrote:
Scrilla wrote:There's the possibility they're starting a new forum from scratch, but I doubt it

Nah mang. If you look at the wording on that message they've put in place it suggests they want to move away from what once was. Forums are OLD. Its done.

Speaking of which. VBulletin licenses are about $20 a month or some chit. Why doesn't whoever is running this forum set up a vbulletin instead of this chit free forum? You'll pull enough ad rev every month to cover it.

Yes I would have pulled a couple of the guys together to set up a legitimate forum. MM has unfortunately said that he went with the fastest and laziest option because he's not very much interested in actually running a forum, and so this place is inevitably doomed.

we should be grateful for what MM did instead of bitching about it, if someone wants to set up a different forum now they can do it, but thanks to him at least we have a place to be right now

This wasn't me complaining boyo. Just a suggestion now that we can see misc is gone for good. Wouldn't have been a smart move until we knew what was going on, but now that its clean cut it would make sense to move across to vb if someone can be bothered to run it.

I was planning on doing this until I saw that this forum was set up for the refugees.

I didn't want to step on the toes of the people who set this forum up, because in all cereal, we should all be super grateful to them.

It looks like the founder of this forum doesn't really want to run one though? If that truly is the case, I'll move forward with setting up a vBulletin instance on a self-hosted domain so nobody can take this from us again. srs.

I'd need some recommendations for a domain name though.
lockdev
lockdev

REPS : 35

NEETvestor, proudmanlet and chrsschb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cuminmebro Yesterday at 14:08

lockdev wrote:
Cellytech wrote:
proudmanlet wrote:

Cellytech wrote:

I was planning on doing this until I saw that this forum was set up for the refugees.

I didn't want to step on the toes of the people who set this forum up, because in all cereal, we should all be super grateful to them.

It looks like the founder of this forum doesn't really want to run one though? If that truly is the case, I'll move forward with setting up a vBulletin instance on a self-hosted domain so nobody can take this from us again. srs.

I'm willing to toss a few bucks into the fold to get it going/maintain it, srs. I think a good domain name would go a long way; themisc.com or something similar. Misc.com is taken already. I'm sure some of these phaggots can come up with a good name.
cuminmebro
cuminmebro

REPS : 412

havoc00 and chrsschb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NEETvestor Yesterday at 14:43

lockdev wrote:It looks like the founder of this forum doesn't really want to run one though? If that truly is the case, I'll move forward with setting up a vBulletin instance on a self-hosted domain so nobody can take this from us again. srs.

cuminmebro wrote:I'm willing to toss a few bucks into the fold to get it going/maintain it, srs. I think a good domain name would go a long way; themisc.com or something similar. Misc.com is taken already. I'm sure some of these phaggots can come up with a good name.

Likewise, if lockdev or anyone else wants to set this up, I would gladly donate to offset the domain/vbulletin/hosting costs.

I appreciate MM's work creating this place, making it successful, and giving us all a refuge. But I think our best shot at keeping misc alive is if the successor forum resembles misc as much as possible: vbulletin as the forum software, same rep/neg system, many of the same subsections, etc. If nothing else, having our own site eliminates the risk of getting nuked for a ToS violation.

I like themisc.com but Godaddy says it's taken. Assuming one of you brahs didn't register it, themisc.org is available. Ditto newmisc.com.
NEETvestor
NEETvestor

REPS : 84

Offwhitebrah, havoc00, GuineaDago585, chrsschb and Adz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chrsschb Yesterday at 14:57

lockdev wrote:

We could leave this place up as a redirect if it happens.

Additionally, miscreformed.com is available. So is newmisc.com and fuckbbdotcom.com (srs, semi-srs).

I don't have time to setup and run a forum from scratch but I'm familiar with it, can help admin, moderate, whatever. Cheers m8. I'm also already paying for a webhost if you want to leverage it, although my current plan is limited to 2 GB databases atm.

REPS : 106

GuineaDago585 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adz Yesterday at 15:02

NEETvestor wrote:
lockdev wrote:It looks like the founder of this forum doesn't really want to run one though? If that truly is the case, I'll move forward with setting up a vBulletin instance on a self-hosted domain so nobody can take this from us again. srs.

cuminmebro wrote:I'm willing to toss a few bucks into the fold to get it going/maintain it, srs. I think a good domain name would go a long way; themisc.com or something similar. Misc.com is taken already. I'm sure some of these phaggots can come up with a good name.

Likewise, if lockdev or anyone else wants to set this up, I would gladly donate to offset the domain/vbulletin/hosting costs.

I appreciate MM's work creating this place, making it successful, and giving us all a refuge. But I think our best shot at keeping misc alive is if the successor forum resembles misc as much as possible: vbulletin as the forum software, same rep/neg system, many of the same subsections, etc. If nothing else, having our own site eliminates the risk of getting nuked for a ToS violation.

I like themisc.com but Godaddy says it's taken. Assuming one of you brahs didn't register it, themisc.org is available. Ditto newmisc.com.

In.gif on newmisc.com
Adz
Adz

REPS : 11

havoc00 and GuineaDago585 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chalup Yesterday at 15:13

Insidemane wrote:
chalup wrote:

The first email response - they said they were moving away from the forums

The 2nd time some miscer messaged them like a week later, they made some cliche reply like they are working on it, and i told you fgts that just corporate talk for "fuk off"

And even now they have closed it, there are still dummies ITT talkin bout it might come back, lmao

just move on brah

I have moved on, doesn't mean I can change how I feel about them trolling me from a legitimate support email.

https://servimg.com/view/20582348/1
chalup
chalup

Back to top Go down

Post by chalup Yesterday at 15:16

lockdev wrote:
Cellytech wrote:
proudmanlet wrote:

Cellytech wrote:

I have a BIT of experience at setting up Vbulletin as well. I srsly think we should do a legit one with a legit domain, ran by donations to keep it up. Hell if it gets enough traffic it could pay for itself. The misc was truly the last bastion of old school forums in general, I would love to get as close to the exact look as possible. And editing join dates for verified OG posters, keep the legacy going.
chalup
chalup

Back to top Go down

Post by Goobrah Yesterday at 15:21

Someone set up a vbulletin or some chit I’m gonna end up getting banned from that fires forum
Goobrah
Goobrah

REPS : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by wickedsmaht Yesterday at 16:50

It's not that I don't want to run one. I'm happy to do so, and moderate.

But for those who think it'll be easy, and you'll keep everyone happy think again.

I learned a lot in 3 days.

Then, you go buy your domain, everything is in your name or your LLC, you have to balance community health and happiness with potential litigation.

Imagine if your forum members egged on someone to kill themselves on live stream.

Will you be insured for lawsuits?

There is a balance, I'm sure of it. but setting up the forum is the easy part.
wickedsmaht
wickedsmaht

REPS : 1001053

ByzantineReborn, proudmanlet, lockdev and GoBlue469 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Goobrah Yesterday at 17:02

wickedsmaht wrote:It's not that I don't want to run one. I'm happy to do so, and moderate.

But for those who think it'll be easy, and you'll keep everyone happy think again.

Then, you go buy your domain, everything is in your name or your LLC, you have to balance community health and happiness with potential litigation.

Imagine if your forum members egged on someone to kill themselves on live stream.

How much does vbullet even cost
Goobrah
Goobrah

REPS : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by cuminmebro Yesterday at 17:06

wickedsmaht wrote:It's not that I don't want to run one. I'm happy to do so, and moderate.

Is that not the whole point of section 230, publisher vs platform? That if you remain neutral and dont editorialize that you are shielded from liability? Not knocking you btw, I/we are super thankful for you getting this together.
cuminmebro
cuminmebro

Back to top Go down

Post by cuminmebro Yesterday at 17:09

Goobrah wrote:

How much does vbullet even cost

Its like 180 bucks for the software itself, provided you host it yourself. They have a bunch of add ons that cost money but nothing too extravagant. The hosting costs vary greatly on bandwidth, hardware and peoples involvement. You can use their cloud service from like 15 bucks a month to 60+ depending on bandwidth. However, I am sure they would have some sort of TOS that misc'ers may violate.

cuminmebro
cuminmebro

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTimeOperator Yesterday at 18:59

Um, yeah, whoever sets up our permanent place needs to find a host that is willing to champion free speech, so like whoever hosts str0mfront or V N N Forum...
BigTimeOperator
BigTimeOperator

REPS : 183

Back to top Go down

Post by spreewerk45 Yesterday at 19:21

I just got home from work... would normally be checking the misc... came here instead for obi reasons.. refreshed the page and was elated to see that the spirit of the misc lives on... FEELS GOOD MANE
spreewerk45
spreewerk45

REPS : 31

floridaman, GuineaDago585 and EireGunner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAdlerian Yesterday at 20:03

What Wickedsmaht posted about legal issues is good thinking.

I have been looking at this forum over the years and hate the name, but like the content.

The also have a "general section" that is much like the misc.

https://kiwifarms.st/

The site has been involved in negative press over time and no one on it cares. I believe they once lost their host and got a new one and started again.

So, this could be a no cost no risk place for us to go with lots of existing posters.
TheAdlerian
TheAdlerian

REPS : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by MMGA Yesterday at 20:05

So who's on the hook for this place if someone posts something too risque?
MMGA
MMGA

REPS : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next